Dear Westerville Pediatric Dental Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
It seems like such a long time since the quarantine started, but now we are ready to get back to doing what we do best- Keeping dentistry safe and fun!
We are very excited to be able to open our office on May 4, 2020.
What is our new updated policy based on current guidelines?
Before you leave your home:
- Please visit our website at www.westervillepediatricdental.com to view our pre-screening COVID-19 form.
- We request that you take the temperature of anyone coming to the appointment and if over 100 degrees F., please call to reschedule the appointment.
- Bring your at-home thermometer to the office so we can take the temperature of your child.
- Use the restroom before you come. At this time, we are reserving our restrooms for emergency use.
- Checking in:
- Text the office at (614)392-5911 to let us know you are here.Our office will text you when we would like you to enter the office. Temperature and COVID questionnaires will be confirmed and documented.Please limit one parent/guardian per child, no others unless completely necessary. Everyone should bring their personal facemask.
- Staff will also follow screening questions and document a daily temperature. Should staff become ill, they will be on sick leave for 7 days after resolution of symptoms.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, toys, etc. Our arcade and play area will also be closed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Please note that your original appointment time may have slightly changed.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have new and updated PPE (personal protective equipment), and infection control/assessment training.
Our office follows and in many cases, exceeds the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies, but most importantly, the Ohio State Dental Board, so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (614)-392-5911 or visit our website at www.westervillepediatricdental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Richards, and the amazing Westerville Pediatric Dental Team